The residents of Alytus Cty can get free state-guaranteed primary legal aid you can apply once for up to 1 hour for a specific question.
Primary legal aid is not provided by telephone, at the reception of Alytus City Municipality or by other means of communication
Monday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
Thursday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
- Romualdas Paulauskas, Senior Specialist of the Legal Department, tel. (8 315) 55 179
- Evelina Šerpenskaitė, Senior Specialist of the Legal Department, tel. (8 315) 55 154
- Giedrius Šimas, Deputy Head of the Legal Department, tel.(8 315) 55 129
- Rima Remeikaita, Senior Specialist of the Legal Department, tel. (8 315) 55 179
When applying for primary legal aid, you need to bring your identity document with you.
1. What is free state-guaranteed primary legal aid?
A state-guaranteed primary legal aid shall mean the primary legal aid, secondary legal aid and state-guaranteed extra-judicial mediation provided in accordance with the procedure laid down by the Law on State-Guaranteed Legal Aid of the Republic of Lithuania.
2. What constitutes the primary legal aid?
- Legal information
- Legal advice
- Preparation of documents for state and municipal institutions, except procedural documents.
- Advice on extrajudicial resolution of disputes, actions for the peaceful resolution of a dispute and preparation of a peace agreement.
3. Who can get state-guaranteed legal aid?
All citizens of the Republic of Lithuania, citizens of other Member States of the European Union, as well as other natural persons legally residing in the Republic of Lithuania and other Member States of the European Union and other persons specified in international agreements of the Republic of Lithuania shall have the right to receive the primary legal aid.
4. Procedure for granting a state guaranteed legal aid
- Persons can receive a primary legal aid by applying to the municipal executive authority at their declared place of residence or, if they do not have a place of residence, to the authority of the municipality where they live.
- Primary legal aid is provided immediatelly. If such opportunity is not available, the applicant the applicant shall be informed of the time of reception(not later than 5 days after the date of application).
- Duration of a primary legal aid is up to one hour (may be extended by decision of the municipal executive authority or ita authorized person).
- The primary legal aid for the same matter can only be get once for the same matter
For more information please visit our website www.teisinepagalba.lt.
2020 01 24